Joint Replacement Class
Join us for a Total Joint Replacement Pre-Operative Class
Thank you for choosing St. Anthony's Hospital for your joint replacement surgery. We offer a joint replacement pre-operative class to help educate our patients about what to expect in preparation for joint replacement surgery. During the class, we will review each step of the joint replacement process and what you should know before coming to the hospital for surgery. Lunch will be provided.
Topics discussed include:
Planning at Home
- Preparing yourself and your family
- Arranging and organizing your home
- Special equipment you may need
Preparing for Surgery
- Primary Care Physician visit
- Pre-operative testing
- What to bring with you to the hospital
- Pre-operative instructions and restrictions
What Happens During Your Hospital Stay
- Where to check-in
- About your surgery
- Your stay at St. Anthony's Hospital
Planning to Go Home
- Discharge instructions and restrictions
- Home health care
- Physical therapy
Call (727) 825-1111 for a referral to a physician privileged to perform joint replacement surgery at St. Anthony's.
Joint replacement classes are scheduled every week on Wednesdays, noon-2pm. To register, please call (727) 825-1111.