Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography
Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) is a basic endoscopic examination of the entire billiary system, which includes the gallbladder and pancreas.
We use ERCP for a basic examination of the tissue to:
- Find and remove gallstones
- Remove tissue samples for analysis (biopsy)
- Dilate narrowed ducts blocked by gallstones
- Therapeutic removal of gallstones
- Stent placement to treat billiary blockages
ERCP: What to Expect
During an ERCP:
- This is usually an outpatient procedure
- You can expect to go home the same day
- You will need to have a safe ride home
To learn more about the Endoscopic Services offered at St. Anthony's Hospital, please call our Endoscopic Surgery Center at (727) 820-7500.