If You Think You Have A Sleeping Disorder...
To see if your sleep is being affected by a sleep disorder, take this simple test. If you experience any of the following symptom, please discuss them with your physician. Sleep Disorders can be effectively diagnosed and treated through a comprehensive and accredited Sleep Disorders Center.
- My partner tells me that, when I’m sleeping, I sometimes stop breathing, gasp for breath, and make loud snorting noises.
- I toss and turn all night. I don’t feel refreshed when I wake up.
- My leg jerks just before I fall asleep.
- My partner complains about my snoring.
- During the day, I often feel the urge to sleep. Sometimes, I fall asleep at inappropriate times – when talking with friends, when sitting down to read, even while driving.
- For at least a month, I’ve had a hard time falling asleep and staying asleep. As a result, I find it harder to function during the day.
- I’m so sleepy, I often find it hard to concentrate at work or at school.
- Sometimes I feel as though I’m being overwhelmed by feelings of sleepiness. I can relieve this by taking short naps throughout the day.
- My muscles grow limp or I fall when I am surprised, angry, excited or frightened.
- Sometimes when I’m sleeping, I suffer from muscle aches, tension, or a crawling sensation in my legs.
If one or more of these statements apply to you, talk to your doctor. You may have a sleep disorder. St. Anthony’s Sleep Disorders Center can help you get the rest you need.
For appointments, please call (727) 820-7373. For general sleep disorders questions, please call (727) 820-7424.